Tuesday 2 September 2014

Christmas In September

I have very few children in my family and it makes things a little boring. Until my cousin was born in 2010, the youngest person in my family was my little brother and he was 14. Suffice to say, I spoil my two cousins (Brynn is almost 4 now and Aubree is almost 1) with every project and craft I wish I had as a kid. I've been in a very Christmassy mood lately which is odd because I'm usually a Halloween nut but I've been obsessed with the Christmas Pinterest page.

The one thing I knew I wanted to make this year was Santa sacks for Brynn and Bree. I'm kindof obsessed with making kids believe in Santa because I remember it being one of the only good and magical things from my childhood and I love how excited it used to make me.


For each bag, I used a roll of unbleached muslin fabric, cardboard alphabet stencils (first name, last name), a fabric quarter (I used the same pattern in different colours), and decorative cord (but in red).

I'm really happy with how they turned out. I actually really want more people to have children in my family so I can make more of these but I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon. Looks like I'll be waiting five or so years until I have kids to make them for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Mermaid Costume - Updated

It's finally here. An updated version of my little mermaid costume (with proper math this time). Unfortunately, no adorable baby...